Skip to main content

In today’s digital landscape, programmatic display advertising has revolutionized targeted advertising strategies. Unlike traditional display advertising, programmatic display leverages automation and data-driven insights to deliver personalized messages at scale. In the realm of account-based marketing (ABM), this tactic plays a crucial role in fueling brand awareness and engaging target accounts. In this blog, we will explore the benefits of programmatic display in ABM, emphasizing its ability to drive brand awareness and customer trust throughout the buyer’s journey.


What is Programmatic Display Advertising?


Programmatic display advertising involves the automated buying and selling of ad inventory in real-time, powered by sophisticated algorithms and data analysis. This approach differs from traditional display advertising by delivering highly targeted messages to specific individuals or accounts. By leveraging technology platforms, marketers can achieve greater efficiency, personalization, and scalability in their ad campaigns.


The Role of Programmatic Advertising in Account-Based Marketing


Account-based marketing (ABM) is a strategic approach that focuses on targeting and engaging specific accounts rather than broader audience segments. ABM emphasizes personalized interactions and tailors messaging to resonate with individual accounts. By aligning marketing and sales efforts, ABM aims to build brand awareness, and foster trust among target accounts to help drive revenue and growth.

Successful ABM requires adopting a full-funnel marketing approach that caters to accounts at various stages of the customer journey. Programmatic display advertising proves valuable in fueling the top of the funnel by creating brand awareness among target accounts. This approach ensures that the entire customer journey, from awareness to consideration and decision-making, is covered with relevant messaging and experiences. 

It can be all-too-tempting to concentrate solely on consideration stage messaging, neglecting the importance of initial brand awareness. However, according to LinkedIn, 5% of potential B2B customers are in-market at any given time,  meaning marketers need to deploy broad upper-funnel campaigns focusing on brand awareness to keep your company  top-of-mind over the other 95%. Establishing trust and credibility through thought leadership and research messaging is vital and by incorporating a full-funnel programmatic display advertising into your ABM strategy, you can deliver customized messages at each stage of the customer journey, ensuring that potential customers view your company as a reliable and valuable solution provider.  

Putting this into practice, as target accounts enter the awareness stage, thought leadership messaging establishes expertise and credibility within the industry. As accounts progress to the research stage, ads highlight the company’s solutions and competitive advantages. Finally, in the consideration stage, messaging focuses on product demos and showcasing the transformative results clients can achieve.  

It is essential to monitor engagement key performance indicators (KPIs) outside of your traditional click through rate (CTR) to gauge the effectiveness of the different messaging. Metrics such as time on site, pages per visit, video plays, and content downloads provide insights into the level of interest and engagement generated by ads. These KPIs paint a comprehensive picture of how target accounts interact with your brand and the impact of your messaging throughout the customer journey.

To thrive in the competitive B2B landscape, a comprehensive ABM strategy is essential. Programmatic display advertising empowers businesses to deliver personalized messages and engage target accounts effectively. By leveraging programmatic display throughout the customer journey, companies can build brand awareness, foster trust, and position themselves as the preferred solution provider. Embracing a full-funnel marketing approach and focusing on thought leadership and research messaging enable businesses to cultivate long-lasting relationships with target accounts, ultimately driving revenue growth and success.

At RenderTribe, we help customers build an ABM strategy to drive more sales and accelerate growth. Our RenderLab process helps you identify the unique pieces that fit your marketing strategy and align your plan with overall business objectives. We help build the foundation for measurement, expertise, and the tactical execution needed to support the plan.

Contact us today to see how we can help you align sales and marketing activities to achieve your revenue goals.

Contact Us