Your content marketing plan doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are five ways to promote your content and ensure that it is being shared on the right platform.
- Have some fun with it. While B2B marketing is a bit different than B2B marketing, at the end of the day everyone loves a good story. Which would you rather read – a four page whitepaper full of definitions, statistics, and reports or a four page whitepaper full of definitions, statistics, and reports that is broken up a bit and integrated into an interesting and relatable story. I’ll take the latter! You see, using technical terms to come across as professional and well educated is important and nice and all, but don’t forget that it’s a human reading your content and they’ll get bored with that quickly. Take a different route – pique their interest by using humor, unique perspectives, and a whole bunch of storytelling.
- Create specific groups in your email list. In one study conducted this year, 53 percent of B2B marketers claimed that email was the most effective way to engage with an audience and create leads. Before you start shooting the same email off to everyone though, try segmenting your list. This will help you to target groups more effectively and personalize the messaging.
- Create content that is helpful and meaningful. We get it, you’re a business and your goal is to generate sales. However, that doesn’t have to be your only goal! Something else your company could work towards is building trust and giving back to the community. As one site says, “Creating truly helpful content is the best way to build authority and trust. You don’t always have to sell your products and services. Simply show how valuable and helpful you can be.” If you put good out into the universe, the good will come back sooner than you think!
- Spice things up! Blog posts are great – they’re to the point, informative, and don’t take up too much of your (or my) time. However, they can get repetitive. Think outside the box and switch things up a little bit. Try incorporating eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, videos, and social media content too!
- The devil is in the data. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, data matters. You want to be sure that the energy, time, and resources you’re putting into your content is making a return, right? If the results are positive, great – go you! You’re on the right track and should keep it up! However, if they’re not so great, you have proof in numbers and can adjust your strategy accordingly.
Combining all these tips will help get you on the right path to your sharing content that matters, is effective, and of course, gets you a return! And if you need some help getting started, we’re happy to assist you. In fact, we’re recognized as a Top Content Marketing Company on DesignRush.
At RenderTribe, our RenderLab process helps you identify the unique pieces that fit in your overall marketing strategy and align your plan with overall business objectives. We help build the foundation for measurement, expertise, and the tactical execution to help you grow strategically and drive revenue.
Let us help you grow your bottom line. Contact us today.