You’ve heard it before – content is king. However, there are a few things that turn average content marketers into stellar content marketers as highlighted by Entrepreneur.com:
- Know your audience. In addition to finding out your basic customer personas and demographics, dig deeper. Uncover their needs, their wants, what they do in their free time, etc. In doing so, you’ll be able to deliver more appropriate and relevant content.
- Choose where to invest wisely. It’s easy to roll out X number of content pieces monthly that perform so-so. However, focusing on the quality of only a few content pieces can result in greater links and shares. Remember, quality over quantity.
- Expand your network. Don’t be afraid to work with others, and more importantly, learn from them. When it comes to content marketing, there is always something else you can learn. Whether it be gaining a new perspective on how to position your content, or gathering more information about your industry, every piece counts – knowledge is indeed power.
- Get your penny’s worth. Plan, develop, and arrange your content to get the biggest bang for your buck. By doing so, you’ll be able to increase the value produced by each piece of content.
- Be versatile with the content you produce. Don’t stick with the same content format all the time – that gets boring real fast. Instead, expand and differentiate the type of content you produce. In the end, it keeps content more exciting and interesting for your target audience.
- Step outside your comfort zone. Similar to the previous tip, play with new methods to share your content. Reading the same topic in the same format the same number of times each week gets old. Don’t be afraid to experiment with fresh ideas that’ll keep your audience on their toes.
- The devil is in the details, or rather, data. Analyze, analyze, analyze. Refer back to your numbers and analytics to see if your current content marketing approach is working. If the numbers aren’t where they need to be, back to the drawing board it is then.
Here at RenderTribe, our focus and overall strategy has always been to create content in a smarter way – both strategically and financially. We delve into our work, making sure we don’t leave a single piece of information behind. Similar to a puzzle, we believe every piece counts and contributes to the end goal. Like we’ve always said, “Don’t fall in love with your ideas, fall in love with the results.”
To stay connected with RenderTribe, sign up here to receive notifications about our upcoming posts and events.